56 pages, full-color illustration
10.5 x 9 inches
In a Pickle is a warmly told children's tale about a precocious little boy and his schoolyard predicament. It is delightful in its simplicity yet enchanting in the way it mischievously unfolds.
The title quandary involves a classic case of bullying, yet is elevated with a clever solution and ends on a touching bon mot. Bright and warm watercolor illustrations are a visual treat throughout, on par with vintage children’s books of yore.
In a Pickle is both a classic and modern tale. It is for any reader looking to be enchanted by a plucky little boy and his clever dad.
With your purchase of In A Pickle, a portion of the proceeds will be donated to Horizons National, whose mission is to close gaps of opportunity and access for students in under-resourced communities and empower choice-filled lives.
• Independent Shorts: Silver Award, Best Animation Short (Los Angeles, November 2020)
• Independent Shorts: Silver Award, Best Children's Short (Los Angeles, November 2020)
• Indie Shorts Fest: Best Animation Short (USA, January 2021)
• Indie Shorts Fest: Best Adapted Screenplay (USA, January 2021)
• Indie Shorts Fest: Best Original Score—Greg Camp for In A Pickle (USA, January 2021)
Illustrations by Maggie Mailer